All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe heart-cry of every child without parents-a cry to be loved and to belong-told through the story of one boy named Jacob. For over two decades, Gary Stephens, his wife Helen, and their four biological children lived in Hong Kong. There they worked with Vietnamese refugees, then founded several homes for orphans and assisted with local and international adoptions. Later, their work spilled into mainland China, when they learned of baby girls being abandoned in alarming numbers, incent victims of the one-child policy. Gary and Helen acted, helping to found an orphanage in a city in southern China. But the heart of this story is their son Jacob, who was born without eyes and subsequently abandoned. Underweight and sickly, two-year-old Jacob had lived in four different institutions before they found him and brought him to their home for children with special needs. They adopted him in 1998 and have spent the last sixteen years reclaiming what was lost in those first two. Waiting for a Father is a story of hope and reconciliation, of people who did t look away, who instead opened their hearts to a child who needed them. This inspiring message is a call to action: to help empty the orphanages of the world...one child at a time.
- Author BiographyThe father of five, Gary lives with his wife Helen and his son Jacob in Montrose, Colorado, and works for the international medical charity Mercy Ships. Carmen Radley met Gary while working as a writer for Mercy Ships in West Africa. She earned an MA in English and creative writing at the University of Texas at Austin. The father of five, Gary lives with his wife Helen and his son Jacob in Montrose, Colorado, and works for the international medical charity Mercy Ships. Carmen Radley met Gary while working as a writer for Mercy Ships in West Africa. She earned an MA in English and creative writing at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Author(s)Carmen Radley,Gary Stephens
- PublisherVMI Publishers
- Date of Publication02/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVMI Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight330 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.