Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.56Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.28+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMia Maher is nearing forty. She arrives at the funeral of an old friend, Chrissie, who has died suddenly. Happily married, with two school age children, Mia is unaware that this will be the day that changes everything and her life will switch on to an entirely new path. 'Waiting For The Bee Stings' is a story about the lives of four friends who met at Newcastle University in the mid-1990s. It is a tale of love, friendship, passion and betrayal. This is the third fictional vel by Calvin Wade, following his debut, 'Forever Is Over' which rose to Amazon's Top20 ebooks in the United Kingdom and the critically acclaimed second vel, 'Kiss My Name'.
- Author BiographyCalvin Wade was born in Ormskirk, Lancashire in 1971. He studied Economics at Manchester Metropolitan University, graduating in 1992. On graduation, he worked in a record shop for eighteen months to fund a backpacking trip around the world. Since returning from his travels, the majority of his working life was spent in the mortgage industry, working for Alliance & Leicester, Yorkshire Building Society and Birmingham Midshires. During this period, he ran five marathons, three in London and one each in Liverpool and New York. His first London Marathon was run in a fancy dress house where he was narrowly beaten by an apple, a banana and a pear. In 2006, he wrote a five minute monologue for BBC Radio Five Live entitled, I Hate Football, which was performed by Johnny Vegas. It first aired in June 2006 and was repeated on a Christmas Day special. 'Forever is Over' was his debut novel in 2011, which peaked in the Amazon UK Top 20 in ebook format. This was followed by a second fictional novel, 18 months later called 'Kiss My Name'. Two non-ficitonal books then followed. The first, 'Another Saturday & Sweet FA' was the story of attending all 14 rounds of the FA Cup with his father, a former FA Amateur Cup Finalist and a charity fundraising groundhopper called Alan Oliver. The popularity of 'Another Saturday & Sweet FA' led to a decision to cover the FA Cup, FA Trophy & FA Vase, one season after the other, to make up a footballing trilogy. The story of the FA Trophy adventure, Brutal Giants & The Village King (A Ferriby Fairytale) was released in April 2015. 50p from the sale of each football ebook/book is donated to a specialist cancer hospital in Manchester, The Christie. On 28th July 2015, a third fictional book called 'Waiting For The Big Stings' was released on ebook. Calvin Wade is married to Alison and has two sons, Bradley and Joel.
- Author(s)MR Calvin Wade
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight581 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $16.42
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.73Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.95
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.