All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdvent is a season of waiting and anticipation in which the waiting itself is strangely rich and fulfilling. Poetry can help us fathom the depths of Advent's many paradoxes: dark and light, emptiness and fulfilment, ancient and ever new. For every day from Advent Sunday to Christmas Day and beyond, the bestselling poet Malcolm Guite chooses a favourite poem from across the Christian spiritual and English literary traditions and offers incisive seasonal reflections on it. In the spirit of the season, he blends the familiar and the new, ranging from from spiritual classics such as Edmund Spenser, John Donne, George Herbert and Christina Rossetti, to contemporary voices Luci Shaw and Scott Cairns. His own acclaimed sequence of sonnets for the great Advent antiphons are also included.
- Author BiographyMalcolm Guite is Chaplain of Girton College, Cambridge. A performance poet and singer/songwriter, he lectures widely on poetry and theology in Britain and the US and has a large following on his website, www.malcolmguite.wordpress.com.
- Author(s)Malcolm Guite
- PublisherCanterbury Press Norwich
- Date of Publication31/08/2015
- SubjectChristian Personal Testimonies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanterbury Press Norwich
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.