All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn the long list for the Amelia Frances Howard-Gibbon Award for Illustration 2007ForeWord Magazine's Book of the Year Bronze Award (Children's Picture Book category)Shortlisted for the Blue Spruce Award 2007Chocolate Lily minee 2007-2008Canadian Children's Book Centre Our Choice, 2007He's morning rooster!Henry's a young rooster who loves to have fun. He plays cards with the goats, listens to moosic with the cows, and pops corn with the pigs. After a long night of fun, however, Henry just can't get up early in the morning. His mom insists he's t lazy; Henry just isn't a morning rooster. But Henry's father is off to a convention for a week - guess who must take his place and crow the sun up each morning? Poor Henry. He's just t cut out for this crowing business. But if he doesn't find a way to make it to work on time, the sun won't rise when it's supposed to, the farmer and his wife will be late, and all the farm chores won't get done. They're all depending on Henry. Will he learn to be a morning rooster after all?
- Author BiographyMargriet Ruurs is the author of over 30 books for children, including Wild Babies and A Pacific Alphabet. Two previous Emma books, Emma and the Coyote and Emma's Cold Day, won the Mr. Christie's Book Award Silver Seal. Born in the Netherlands, Margriet has lived in California, the Yukon, Alberta, and British Columbia. Currently she lives on Salt Spring Island where she runs a booklovers' B & B. Margriet conducts author visits and writing workshops at international schools around the world. Sean Cassidy was born and raised in Montreal, Quebec. He has written and illustrated a number of titles, including Gummytoes, Wake Up Henry Rooster and Good to be Small, which won the Mr. Christie's Book Award Silver Seal. His picture book debut with author Stephanie McLellan, The Chicken Cat, resulted in both the Mr. Christie's Book Award and the Ruth Schwartz Award. Sean lives near Orangeville, Ontario, with his wife and daughter.
- Author(s)Margriet Ruurs
- PublisherFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Date of Publication31/05/2006
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width265 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Sean Cassidy
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.39
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.37
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.74
- AU $36.86Trending at AU $44.04
- AU $15.44Trending at AU $17.17
- AU $27.66Trending at AU $30.59
- AU $27.15Trending at AU $28.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.