All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWAKE UP, SIR! is an homage to the vels and stories of P.G. Wodehouse. It is the story of a young alcoholic man, Alan Blair, and his valet, Jeeves. Now this Jeeves is t the same Jeeves as featured in Wodehouse - the fact that he possesses the same name is simply a mad coincidence. But, there is something curious about young Alan's valet - is he really there? Is he a mirage, a fantasy, an alcoholic hallucination, an invisible friend? Or does he really exist (as much as anyone can exist in fiction)? Regardless, Jeeves is there in one way or ather as Ames brilliantly mimics the structure of many Wodehouse adventures. Instead of visiting a country estate, Alan and Jeeves go to an artist colony where Alan hopes to finish his vel, quit his drinking and possibly fall in love - three reasonable things for anyone to want ...whether attended to by a valet or t.
- Author BiographyJonathan Ames has already generated a dedicated following for his regular column in the New York Press and his stand-up routines which explore the darker side of life in New York. He has recently been awarded a Guggenheim fellowship in recognition of his literary ability.
- Author(s)Jonathan Ames
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication17/10/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Out-of-print date12/03/2014
- Weight304 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.