All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWake Up! is a beautifully written triumph over tragedy memoir. It's a candid look at humanity and the potential that resides in each of us to grow past even our biggest challenges. A childhood trauma leads to misguided thinking and a chameleon-like approach to life for Wendy. Even winning the parent lottery couldn't change the detour she was traveling. However, in her late forties, a series of seemingly random events, take her to an Ironman championship. As Wendy crosses the finish line, she realizes that she's crossing the starting line to her new life. Little did she kw what that would entail. Regardless of your age or circumstance, you'll laugh and cry as you travel through life's maze with this author. The story will wake you up to the amazing gift of your own unique life.
- Author BiographyWendy Naarup is an adversity expert and proclaimed work in progress who's living life one mistake at a time. She's a summa cum laude college graduate who spent many years in corporate america before shifting her focus to writing, speaking, and consulting. She speaks to high school and college students, women's groups, and advocacy groups about being centered, about loving the gift of their own unique lives, and about becoming the best possible version of themselves. She believes that the adversity we face in life can ultimately make us better people. Wendy's a competitive triathlete, winning her age group at Ironman Wisconsin in 2007. She went on to compete in the Ironman World Championships in Hawaii in 2008. It was the journey to those events that gave her perspective and helped transform her life. She's also a PEO who volunteers at a sexual assault crisis center and serves on the board of directors for the Wisconsin chapter of the National Speakers Association. However, more important than anything else in Wendy's life is the great privilege of mothering her three children.
- Author(s)MS Wendy L Naarup
- Date of Publication15/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $19.54Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $32.25Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $11.14Trending at AU $14.18
- AU $15.04Trending at AU $16.94
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $31.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.