Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $29.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionPRAISE FOR BOOK 1 OF THE MERROW TRILOGY: WAKING THE MERROW A prickly and memorable protagonist fights to protect her family from wily merfolk in this promising debut contemporary fantasy. - PUBLISHERS WEEKLY You kw what's great about Rigney's horror-ific (that's horror-filled and terrific), hysterical debut vel? Besides the bloodthirsty merfolk, our antihero protagonist is an overweight, drunk, subpar mother, who also happens to be a funeral director. I can't even describe the premise of this book without getting giddy, because how many times does a plot involve both vicious mermaids and Rhode Island colonists? - Nicole Hill, Barnes & Noble Book Blog Rigney has struck gold with her first vel. It's humorous - hysterical at times - descriptive and has a nice flow to it. - Bobby Forrand, Motif Magazine WAKING THE MERROW is a horrifying, addictive, and intriguing twist on the mermaid legend, and takes the reader on a bone-chilling ride through colonial and current times in Rhode Island. This is a fabulous debut vel by Heather Rigney. Read it if you dare. - Penny Watson, Bestselling Author of APPLES SHOULD BE RED *** In 1772, angry Rhode Island colonists set fire to a British ship, sparking the American Revolution. Taxation without representation was a motivator. So was the vengeful, man-eating mermaid who had it out for the commanding officer. That was then. This is w. Mermaids, or merrow, still hunt in Narragansett Bay, but these days they keep a lower profile. At night, centuries-old Nomia seduces smutty frat boys, lures them into icy waters, and feeds them to her voracious kin. By day, she and her half-breed daughter attempt to blend in at the coastal Village Playground. But Nomia slips up. She makes a friend. Then she makes that friend disappear, and someone tices. Thirty-something Evie McFagan just wants to make it through working motherhood. But she's a blistering stew of issues-snarky alcoholic and a friendless funeral director who just witnessed Nomia dismembering a guy at the nearby yacht club. When Evie believes a mermaid stole her baby, who will help? The merrow of Ireland? Or maybe anti-hero Evie will surprise everyone, including herself, and summon the strength to save her own family. Intertwining the stories of two primordial families with the colonial history of Narragansett Bay, Waking the Merrow is a dark historical fantasy.
- Author BiographyWriter, artist, and underwater fire-breather Heather Rigney likes to make stuff. Stuff with words, stuff with paint, stuff that's pretty, and stuff that's not. Heather's stories reflect her childhood spent alone in the woods of northern Rhode Island. She now lives in historic Pawtuxet Village, (still in Rhode Island) with her chosen and created family. For more on Heather Rigney: www.heatherrigney.com www.facebook.com/heatherrigneyAuthor Twitter: @yourFAVmermaid www.goodreads.com/author/show/6542620.Heather_Rigney
- Author(s)Heather Rigney
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.