All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $22.59Was:AU $27.99Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionIn an age of Prozac and victimhood, we are t encouraged to take control of our behavioural ailments. This book, based on the authors' years of work with stress and trauma victims, aims to pass control back to the individual and away from the treatment centre. It challenges the myth that trauma stays with you for the rest of your life, and presents powerful exercises to reconcile traumatic experiences with rmal life. By understanding the source of trauma - whether it be by violence, loss, or natural disaster - you can pick up the psychological and physical tools to resolve and complete a natural traumatic reaction.
- Author BiographyPeter Levine, Ph.D. is the originator and developer of Somatic Experiencing(R) and the Director of the Foundation for Human Enrichment. He holds doctorate degrees in both Medical Biophysics and Psychology. During his thirty year study of stress and trauma, Dr. Levine has contributed to a variety of scientific, medical, and popular publications. His book, Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma is in its fifth printing and receiving wide international attention. Peter was a consultant for NASA during the development of the Space Shuttle, and has taught at hospitals and pain clinics in both Europe and the U.S., as well as at the Hopi Guidance Center in Arizona. He lives near Lyons, Colorado, on the banks of the St. Vrain River.
- Author(s)Peter Levine
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/09/1997
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Content Noteill
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
Most relevant reviews
- bombanerie13 Oct, 2016by
The content of this book is a little hard to get into but as I am still reading it I find the information very useful
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- sgaa8003 Jun, 2013by
Well worth a look at if you suffer from past issues and wish to move on.
This book is a totally different approach to dealing with issues. It takes a look at the way in modern society how we suppress all our natural instincts when it comes to trauma. The exercises in the book are easy to follow. And although I have not yet finished with the book it has certainly opened my eyes to different ways in which to heal past hurts.It is certainly worth a read.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40