All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis handsome, affordable paperback edition of Walden is the most authoritative version of Henry David Thoreau's classic American literarymasterpiece to date. Jeffrey Cramer's newly edited text is based on the original 1854 edition of Walden, with emendations taken from Thoreau's draft manuscripts, his own markings on page proofs, and tes in his personal copy of the book. An elegantly produced paperback, it has been priced especially with the student market in mind. An introduction by Denis Doghue places Thoreau's life and achievement in context. Also included here are tes on the text, an afterword by the editor, and a helpful selected bibliography.
- Author BiographyJeffrey S. Cramer is curator of collections, The Thoreau Institute at Walden Woods. He is editor of Walden: A Fully Annotated Edition. He is preparing for publication What I Lived For: The Annotated Selected Journals of Henry D. Thoreau.
- Author(s)Henry David Thoreau
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication26/05/2006
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleYale Nota Bene
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note1 b&w illustration
- Weight363 g
- Width127 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJeffrey S. Cramer
- Introduction byDenis Donoghue
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.