All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionWales Mountain Biking is the 12th title in Vertebrate Publishing's bestselling series of UK mountain biking guidebooks. This book showcases 20 routes in Wales, between 12km and 50km in length, suitable for all levels of mountain bikers. Split into three sections, South Wales, Mid Wales and North Wales, this book includes classic loops in the Brecon Beacons, the Black Mountains, Pembrokeshire, the Gower, the Elan Valley, the Clwydian Hills and Swdonia - including options for the highly regarded ascent and descent of Swdon itself. Written and illustrated by MTB journalist and Wales routes expert Tom Hutton, each route is described with easy-to-follow directions and plotted on clear and easy to use Ordnance Survey 1:50,000 mapping. Also included are details of distance, timings and difficulty gradings, plus refreshment stops and local kwledge. A Bonus Section includes full details and mapping for the classic Long Mynd circuit and Minton Batch singletrack, just over the border in Shropshire, England. Vertebrate Publishing is one of a new breed of independent publishers, dedicated to producing the very best outdoor leisure titles. We have critically acclaimed and bestselling titles covering a range of leisure activities, including; mountain biking, cycling, rock climbing, hillwalking and others. We are best kwn for our own titles such as Lake District Mountain Biking and Dark Peak Mountain Biking. We also produce many leading outdoor titles for other publishers including the Mountain Leader and Walking Group Leader Schemes (MLTUK) and rock climbing guidebooks for the British Mountaineering Council and the Fell and Rock Climbing Club.
- Author BiographyTom Hutton has been mountain biking since the sport's inception, and as a natural explorer with an almost unhealthy fascination with maps, has been instrumental in documenting routes all over the British Isles. He's best known as the person behind the monthly pull-out routes section in MBR (Mountain Bike Rider) Magazine but also contributes to many other outdoor publications, covering everything from climbing and hillwalking to kayaking. He has written and illustrated a number of guidebooks, and has won awards for his pictures. He originally hails from Bristol, but now lives in the Cambrian Mountains, near Devil's Bridge.
- Author(s)Tom Hutton
- PublisherVertebrate Graphics Ltd
- Date of Publication10/10/2009
- SubjectCycling Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVertebrate Graphics Ltd
- Content Notefull colour illustrations throughout
- Width120 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.