All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMary and her children were on the plains in the sw. Day after day they walked on hoping for some relief. Mary's faith was tested, but she knew that the Lord would protect them and that she was t alone. Megan had never heard of handcart treks. When her friend Jenny invited her to come along she had idea of what she would find out about herself, the Lord, and her family. Walk Beside Me is a story of faith, sacrifice and inspiration. In October 2006, President Gordon B. Hinckley spoke of the Willie and Martin Handcart Companies. With the passing of this anniversary year, it may become largely forgotten. But hopefully it will be told again and again to remind future generations of the suffering and the faith of those who came before. Their faith is our inheritance. Their faith is a reminder to us of the price they paid for the comforts we enjoy. This book is dedicated to Martha Webb Campkin Young who came across the plains with her five children after losing her husband in St. Louis.
- Author BiographyKaty Gledhill Wilson is a Utah native. She is married and has four children and resides in Bountiful Utah. She spent 10 years at home with her children and now is working full time as a junior high school science teacher in Bountiful. She loves teaching and watching her students learn and develop. She enjoys youth and has a way of relating to them. She is a wonderful mother, wife and inspires all who know her by her kind and gentle non-judgmental spirit she carries. She is interested in researching and learning about those who have gone on before, and seeks to let their faith, testimony and story be heard. She has been close to those on the other side who have been very much a part of this book.
- Author(s)Katy Wilson
- Date of Publication10/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.46
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.77
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.14
- AU $12.11Trending at AU $19.07
- AU $59.85Trending at AU $63.64
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $20.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.