All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionJesus of Nazareth was the greatest teacher who ever lived. His teachings made the Western world and influenced everything else. Even stripped of their religious context and meaning maxims such as turn the other cheek and Don't judge have entered the global mainstream. But the truth is that a lot of the deeper meaning of these teachings and so many others has been lost to a modernist materialist society and a settled and satisfied Church. In reality those are the very sets of circumstances that the teachings of Jesus were most intended to upset. Walk This Way is an updated disciple's guide to the Sermon on the Mount. Scholarly and yet accessible, this book brings the teachings of Jesus to life in a modern treatment of the foundational teachings of Christianity. Walk this Way examines and explicates the Sermon on the Mount as a sermon. This point by point, teaching by teaching study is filled with useful illustrations geared towards practical life application of the Beatitudes, the Lord's Prayer, Jesus restatements of the Law and other well kwn and less well kwn sections of Jesus' most famous sermon. Each teaching is explored in its original context and then applied to 21st Century Christian life and experience. Where appropriate the author discusses translation difficulties and social issues which greatly enhance the reader's understanding of the text. Also, since the teachings of Jesus were firmly rooted in the Scriptures of the Old Testament the reader will enjoy numerous cross references and gain a greater understanding of the Law and the Prophets as well. Ultimately the Sermon on the Mount is shown to be calling the followers of Jesus to a lifestyle that is radically different from the society in which they live. The last chapter, The Laboratory, briefly displays how the teachings of the Sermon on the Mount were expressed in the life and ministry of Jesus by a great act of compassion. Though this book represents years of scholarship, it is aimed at the n-scholar who simply wants to better understand what Jesus expects of His people. This book would benefit any Christian interested in attaining a better understanding the teachings of Jesus.
- Author BiographyDr. Todd Collier lives in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley with his wife Julia and his two daughters. A son and daughter-in-law live in Texas. Todd and Julia have been in ministry for over fifteen years. His ministry focus is on discipleship and spiritual development.
- Author(s)L Todd Collier
- Date of Publication11/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight653 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.