Walking Denver: 30 Tours of the Mile-High City's Best Urban Trails, Historic Architecture, River and Creekside Paths, and Cultural Highlights by Mindy Sink (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.47Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionIts mild climate and abundant sunshine make Denver, one of America's fittest cities, a welcoming place for a walk any time of year. Colorado's capital is the country's fifth most walkable city. There is so much to see when out for a stroll through downtown or a hike in the nearby foothills. This exceptional guide explores the best of the city from Disaur Ridge and Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre to the Mile High Loop in City Park and public art scattered throughout downtown. These 30 specially designed urban treks are t only good exercise but are a great way to soak up the history, culture, parks, and vibe of the Mile High City. The walk's commentary includes trivia about architecture, local culture, and neighborhood history, plus tips on where to dine, have a drink, or shop. Each tour includes a clear neighborhood map and vital public transportation (where appropriate) and parking information. Route summaries make each walk easy to follow, and a Points of Interest section lists each walk's highlights. Insider Mindy Sink guides the urban adventurer from the Mile High Loop, the city's newest footpath in City Park, to the Golden Triangle's cultural and architectural gems, and the ever lively Art District on Santa Fe. From the Auraria Campus (home to three universities), to the city's oldest still operating cemetery, this book reveals part of the city even seasoned locals overlook.
- Author BiographyJournalist Mindy Sink chooses to live in the heart of Denver where she enjoys walking to downtown, the Platte River, parks, museums, libraries and much more that the Mile High City has to offer. She is the author of Moon Denver and coauthor of Colorado Organic: Cooking Seasonally, Eating Locally. While working as the Bureau Manager at the New York Times Rocky Mountain Bureau, Mindy walked to work downtown, but these days she prefers to explore Denver with her 5-year-old daughter and husband. I feel as if I've rediscovered Denver through my daughter's eyes, Mindy says. A walk to the store is an opportunity to hear the birds sing, smell the flowers, and discuss the public art we pass.
- Author(s)Mindy Sink
- PublisherWilderness Press
- Date of Publication23/06/2011
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleWalking
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilderness Press
- Content NoteB&W photos throughout, 31 maps
- Weight357 g
- Width178 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.