All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStarting in Wales and moving from England to San Francisco by way of, yes, Poland, Crystal encounters numerous linguistic side roads that he cant resist exploring, from pubs to trains to Tolkien. Walking English captures the seductive, quirky, teasing, tantalizing nature of the language itself?a Bill Bryson-esque exploration of language by our foremost expert on the subject.
- Author BiographyDavid Crystal is honorary professor of linguistics at the University of Wales, Bangor, and the editor of The Penguin Encyclopedia.
- Author(s)Honorary Professor of Linguistics David Crystal
- PublisherOverlook Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOverlook Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width137 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.