All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis walking guidebook to Highland Perthshire has over 80 graded routes which explore the ridges, plateaus, glens and woodland of highland Perthshire. The mountains, or 'grassy green giants' include the 42 Munros, including Ben Lawers and Ben Adler, as well as 22 selected Corbetts, 15 smaller summits and the historic Atholl passes of Gaick and Minigaig - all within easy reach of Perth. Routes are grouped into ten geographical areas: Comrie and Crieff, Killin and Glen Lochay, Glen Lyon, Bridge of Orchy, Perth and Dunkeld, Aberfeldy, Tummel and Loch Ranch, Ranch Moor, Pitlochry and Blair Atholl and Drumochter. A combination of 1:50,000 and 1:100,000 mapping is included as appropriate along with a selection of inspiring photographs. Information about places of interest along the way, as well as wildlife, geology and history are included, as are practical details on the deer stalking season, when to go, and getting around Highland Perthshire are also included.
- Author BiographyAward-winning author Ronald Turnbull has written many guides on walking in Scotland. He is also a runner, and in 1995 was awarded the Long-Distance Trophy of the Fell Running Association for a non-stop journey over all the 2000ft hills of southern Scotland.
- Author(s)Ronald Turnbull
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication11/06/2013
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note130 colour photos and 50 maps
- Weight390 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsVinyl-covered
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.