All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionWalking Shadows dissects the wild, high-profile battle between newspaper tycoon William Randolph Hearst and brash young filmmaker Orson Welles over Welles's film Citizen Kane. In 1940-1941 it became the center of public controversy and scandal. The picture portrayed the ruthless career of an all-powerful magnate bearing (t accidentally) a striking resemblance to Hearst, who immediately tried to kill the film. John Evangelist Walsh illuminates the conflict between these two outsize personalities and brings Hearst's vengeful anti-Kane campaign to the fore. He provides thorough documentation, supplemental tes, and an extended bibliography.
- Author BiographyJohn Evangelist Walsh is the author of more than twenty books, including The Execution of Major Andre; Moonlight: Abraham Lincoln and the Almanac Trial and Midnight Dreary: The Mysterious Death of Edgar Allan Poe. He lives in Monroe, Wisconsin.
- Author(s)John Evangelist Walsh
- PublisherUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2004
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBowling Green
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBowling Green University Popular Press,US
- Content Note22 b/w photographs
- Weight449 g
- Width127 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.