All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUpdate: 20/4/13 Map added to each route.You can also view the routes on OS maps online and even download them to your GPS by going to http: //my.viewranger.com/user/details/36040 (for a video so see how they work go to https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LJDRnvteFY Buy this book and download the colour Kindle version for free. Archaeoroutes are a range of routes, mostly in wild places, which visit archaeological sites. They include pictures and descriptions of the sites. great looking routes - ViewRanger This book covers the National Park of Dartmoor and its surroundings. Walking on Dartmoor can be challenging and rewarding. There is a wealth of historical and archaeological remains. Dartmoor is a region of high moorland. It contains some pockets of primeval oak woodland. The most famous features are the granite tors. The highest being High Willhays at 621m. A good present for a walker or amateur archaeologist! See http: //www.archaeoroutes.co.uk for more information about this series...
- Author BiographyThe author grew up in Lancashire, within easy reach of the Yorkshire Dales, Pennines, Lake District and Snowdonia. After stints living in Cambridge, North Wales and the Cotswolds he has lived in Somerset since 2002. He has been climbing, mountaineering, caving, kayaking and skiing as long as he can remember. Growing up he spent most of his spare time in the hills. Landscape archaeology has always been one of his interests - When you spend a long time in the outdoors you start noticing things and wondering how they came to be there. At university he chose geophysics as one of his options. He is an experienced mountain and cave leader, holding a range of qualifications including ML, SPA and LCL. He is also a course director for climbing and navigation award schemes. For more about Alasdair Shaw, and to see what else he has written, have a look at http: //www.archaeoroutes.co.uk/alasdairshaw
- Author(s)Alasdair Shaw
- Date of Publication27/12/2012
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white photographs and maps
- Weight73 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.