Walking for Fitness, Pleasure and Health: A Complete Guide for Women of All Ages by Helen Vause (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.58Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $10.44+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWalking is one of the most popular fitness and recreational activities for people of all ages, and medical experts have endorsed it as a way of improving health and well-being and prolonging life. Women in particular have taken to it in large numbers, for a variety of reasons: to encourage weight loss, for general fitness, for social reasons or to achieve a goal. 'Walking for Fitness, Pleasure and Health' is designed to meet the needs of all women who want to kw the basics of walking: how to start walking, how far to walk, what clothing and shoes are needed, how to walk with children. Useful information on everything from motivation, weight loss and nutrition to pedometers, coping with injuries and training for events is given in a simple and n-technical way. In the final chapter, the author offers a selection of famous walks worldwide to which the walker might aspire. A long-time walker herself, Helen Vause has drawn on the expertise of medical specialists and nutritionists to provide the most up-to-date information on what works best for women. She has also worked with four-times World Open squash champion Dame Susan Devoy, who founded the support and information organisation Wonder Walkers (www.wonderwalkers.co.nz), the one-stop shop for women and walking.
- Author BiographyHelen Vause is an experienced journalist and communications consultant. She has had wide media experience, and was senior communications advisor for Massey University for several years. Her book Walking Auckland was a best-seller, and she is also the co-author of Working from Home. The mother of two adult children, she lives in Auckland. Dame Susan Devoy was World Open squash champion four times, and British Open champion eight times in a glittering career during the 1980s and 90s. Since her retirement, she has been raising four sons and is also engaged in sports administration. In 1988 she walked the entire length of New Zealand in seven weeks, raising $500,000 for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. In 1998 she became the youngest New Zealander to be knighted since Sir Edmund Hillary.
- Author(s)Helen Vause
- PublisherExisle Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- First Published2012
- ImprintExisle Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight334 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Foreword bySusan Devoy
- Format DetailsSewn,Laminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.