All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Chapman picks his favourite walks in his favourite area of Cornwall. These walks have been chosen to reflect the diverse nature of the district, so you will be taken to the most beautiful places as well as the most interesting ones. Plenty of information is given about the route of each walk, and the author shares his kwledge of the natural history that can be seen, as well as giving information about the history and geology along the way. The walks are varied in length; all offer suitable places to sit and relax over lunch, whether at an inn, a cafe, or simply a seat with a view! Each walk is given a rating for its beauty, level of difficulty, wildlife, historical interest and general interest. Distances, timings and parking places are detailed, so that you can make appropriate choices. The walks are illustrated with David's superb photographs, so t only will this book introduce you to new parts of Penwith, it will also be a souvenir of the walk.
- Author BiographyDavid Chapman is a trustee of the Cornwall Wildlife Trust, and is passionate about the protection of our wild places. He is a professional photographer and writer, and author of Wild about Cornwall, Penwith Moods, Exploring the Cornish Coast, Birds of Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, Wildflowers of Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, St Ives and St Ives Bay, Inspirational Islands: The Isles of Scilly, and A Cornish Year (all published by Alison Hodge). His work is featured regularly in BBC Wildlife Magazine, Gardens Monthly, Natural World, Bird Watching, Birds Illustrated, Cornwall Today, Cornwall Life, Devon Life, Somerset Life, MMM, The Caravan Club Magazine and Smallholder. His photographs are stocked by a number of photographic libraries. David has twice won double awards from the Outdoor Writers Guild for Photography and Excellence in Writing, and his photographs regularly win competitions at both local and national levels.
- Author(s)David Chapman
- PublisherAlison Hodge
- Date of Publication22/03/2011
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Series TitlePocket Cornwall
- Place of PublicationCornwall
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlison Hodge
- Content Note106 colour photographs, 13 maps
- Width153 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Chapman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.