All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis guide to 50 day walks in the mountaius rth east of Sardinia, includes a mixture of walks exploring the limestone Ogliastra coast, the Golgo plateau, the barren Supramonte, the wild granite mountains of Genneragentu and Punta La Marmora. Many of the walking routes are tough, involving some scrambling, while other routes are more suited to less experienced walkers. Sardinia's intricate network of paths offer a wide range of challenges and a long, sunny walking season. This guide covers the highest and wildest parts of the island, in an area once proposed for a national park, using both recently waymarked trails and lesser-kwn shepherd's tracks. The route descriptions are illustrated with the author's own detailed contour mapping and photography and backed up with a glossary of both Sard and Italian words and phrases, as well as detailed information about local public transport services and accommodation services.
- Author BiographyPaddy Dillon is a prolific guidebook writer with over 40 books to his name. He has walked in every county in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland as well as in Nepal, Tibet, the Canadian Rockies and much of Europe.
- Author(s)Paddy Dillon
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication24/10/2011
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note75 colour photos and over 55 colour maps
- Weight227 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Travel Guides
- AU $14.98New
- AU $12.54New
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $44.65
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $38.95
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $28.49
- AU $49.95Trending at AU $56.39
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $21.30
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $25.40
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $43.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.