All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis guidebook describes 32 varied day walks and one longer route in the Ardennes, an area which lies mostly in Belgium but extends into both Luxembourg and France, with easy access from the English Channel ports. It's an area of beech and oak-forested hills divided by deep, winding valleys with wide, shallow rivers. Medieval castles and fortified farmhouses abound, perched above the villages. The walking possibilities are endless, all without the large height gains that are a feature of routes in the European Alps. Relics and museums of the WW2 'Battle of the Bulge' abound, a bonus for military history enthusiasts. Given the huge variety of other entertainments including kayaking, cross-country biking, even just playing at the water's edge, it's a great family destination. And there's the beer? This guide is illustrated with clear custom-made maps and contains lots of information about the vivid history of the area, as well as all the practical accommodation needed to plan a trip, including accommodation, food and drink and advice on when to go.
- Author BiographyAfter a short commission in the Army, Jeff Williams trained in paediatric medicine and worked as a consultant paediatrician in North Wales for 30 years. During that time he wrote walking and climbing guides for the Stubai, Silvretta and Otztal Alps, as well as the Cicerone guide Walking in the Drakensberg. Jeff also trained as a safari guide in South Africa and currently teaches new guides and lectures in Wales on guiding and walking.
- Author(s)Jeff Williams
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication06/06/2014
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note100 photos and 45 maps
- Weight250 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.