All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGuidebook describing a both valley and mountain walks and treks in the Bavarian Alps. 85 walks are covered, including graded mountain routes, gentler valley walks, hut-to-hut routes and two multi-day tours, arranged by region with practical information on transport, accommodation and the like. Since the last edition of this guide many of the base towns introduced free bus travel and the start of many of the walks described w be reached for free. Moving from west to east it starts with the Allgau, a region rewned for its wildflowers, tranquil pastures and the impossibly steep grass slopes that characterise many of its peaks. Further east mountain trails lead past famous fairy-tale castles such as Neuschwanstein. Near Garmisch-Partenkirchen you can sunbathe on a grassy summit while enjoying a bird's-eye view, and at the foot of the Zugspitze, Germany's highest mountain, a trail skirts the shores of the beautiful Eibsee, a lake surpassed only by the Konigssee, visited in the final section of the guidebook. Here, in the Berchtesgaden Alps, trails in the shadow of the mighty Watzmann massif lead you through a landscape of Wagnerian grandeur.
- Author BiographyNew Zealander Grant Bourne's fascination with other lands and cultures has taken him through much of Asia, Africa, the Near East and Europe. He has now written and illustrated numerous travel guides, mainly focused on Germany and New Zealand. Grant lives with his wife and co-author Sabine in the beautiful German Rhine Valley, and they keep themselves (and their dog) fit by walking the many excellent trails there, and taking frequent walking holidays in the Bavarian and Swiss Alps.
- Author(s)Grant Bourne,Sabine Korner-Bourne
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication09/03/2012
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content NoteOver 70 maps, 30 profiles and over 100 photos
- Weight390 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsVinyl-covered
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.