All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn introductory guidebook to the best walking in the Cevennes region of southern France, describing 16 day-walks in the southern Cevennes (based around Le Vignan), 15 day-walks in the rthern Cevennes (based around Florac) and a 5-day trek around Mont Lozere. Although just across the River Rhone from Provence, the Cevennes is one of France's wild and unkwn regions. Resembling the Scottish Highlands in places (similar in height at a maximum of 1567m, but warmer and with fewer midges), the region includes the 230,000 sq km Parc National des Cevennes and the upper reaches of the Tarn gorge. First introduced to a wider world by Caesar's crossing and then by the young Robert Louis Stevenson and his ?Walks with a Donkey' (1879), the Cevennes still has much that can be freshly explored. Compared with Provence the landscapes are harsher, more mountaius, less populated. The weather is more extreme: winters are cold, windblown and swy, summers are dry and hot. The Cevennes attracts the walker and explorer who has a taste for a more rugged and subtler landscape. This is Janette Norton's third Cicerone guide to France, following on from her Haute Savoie and Provence guides. Based in the rth around Florac and in the south around Le Vigan, the guide explores the walking potential of the region in 31 half- to full-day walks and the well-kwn five-day circuit of Mont Lozere.
- Author BiographyJanette Norton lives in France, near Geneva. This is her third Cicerone walking book, following her Haute Savoie and Provence guides.
- Author(s)Janette Norton
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2002
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Weight300 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.