All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis guidebook describes 30 circular day walks across the Cotswolds. The routes are between 4 and 12 miles long, and 14 of the walks include the finest sections of the Cotswold Way National Trail. A range of walks are covered, from gentle strolls to thigh-burning workouts, passing dramatic hillforts, barrows and stone circles and exploring Jurassic grasslands, beech woods and high ridges by turn. All of the walks are circular and are estimated to take from three to six hours. Many are along the Edge (the most prominent part of England's largest continuous geological feature) and take in splendid sights, from the wildflower-dotted Cleeve Common grasslands to the dramatic Uley Bury hill fort. The gentle hills and honey-hued villages give the Cotswolds a quintessential Olde England feel, while the stout hills and secret valleys described in this guide give plenty of satisfying remoteness and authentic wilderness.
- Author BiographyDamian Hall is a freelance outdoor journalist who grew up in Nailsworth but travelled and lived abroad for seven years, during which he trekked many long-distance trails. Now living in the Cotswolds, Damian is a member of the Outdoor Writers and Photographers Guild and regularly contributes to Country Walking and Outdoor Fitness.
- Author(s)Damian Hall
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication25/02/2014
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Out-of-print date31/03/2016
- Content NoteOver 90 colour photos and 50 OS map extracts
- Weight190 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.