All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionA guidebook to the Drakensberg Park World Heritage Site. The book describes 75 day walks, between 1km and 20km long, in Royal Natal National Park, Cathedral Peak, Monk's Cowl, Injisuthi, Giant's Castle, Highmoor, Kamberg, Lotheni, Cobham, Garden Castle and Bushman's Nek. The Drakensberg Mountains of KwaZulu Natal, South Africa, have a spectacular natural beauty. This range of huge peaks, towering basalt cliffs, massive sandstone outcrops and deep gorges forms the core of an area of unlimited potential for walkers, until recently little kwn outside South Africa. The area has a unique geological structure and a fascinating history as well as a large variety of antelope and other mammals and a regular bird list of over 200 species. Written by a qualified Safari Guide, this book includes: descriptions of 75 graded day walks and scrambles in 11 areas of the park; lots of information about the local wildlife and about facilities in each of the areas; and inspirational photographs and clear route maps.
- Author BiographyAfter retirement from working as a Consultant Paediatrician for 30 years, Jeff Williams qualified as a Safari Guide in South Africa. Currently he lectures on guiding and bird-watching, dividing his time between North Wales, the Haute Alpes in France and South Africa. He has also written walking and climbing guides to the Stubai Alps, Silvretta Alps and Otztaler Alps in Europe.
- Author(s)Jeff Williams
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication11/02/2010
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note30 maps and over 120 photographs
- Weight340 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsVinyl-covered
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.