All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis guidebook describes 44 routes and over 100 summits across the Southern Uplands of Scotland, stretching south-west from Edinburgh to the English border, including the Galloway and Pentland Hills. The walks range between 2 and 29km, suitable for walkers of all abilities. The Scottish Southern Uplands is a range that is about as big as the English Pennines. It is wild hill country, with over 80 hills of 2000ft or more, and it boasts a real remoteness that is difficult to find elsewhere. All hillwalkers should experience these wonderfully characterful landscapes: green and gentle, but with hidden surprises and remote escapes. The routes are suitable from spring to autumn, and on winter days with good weather and sw conditions. Each route provides OS mapping, information on distance, ascent, time, maximum altitude and terrain, as well as details of any variants or shortcuts. With tes on points of interest along the way as well as on transport and accommodation, the guide gives all the information walkers need.
- Author BiographyAward-winning author Ronald Turnbull has written many guides on walking in Scotland. He is also a runner, and in 1995 was awarded the Long-Distance Trophy of the Fell Running Association for a non-stop journey over all the 2000ft hills of southern Scotland.
- Author(s)Ronald Turnbull
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication19/01/2015
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Weight330 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $27.81
- AU $53.94Trending at AU $59.60
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.12
- AU $8.73Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $13.17Trending at AU $14.73
- AU $29.89Trending at AU $32.60
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.