All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis guidebook includes 30 day walks in the stunning and varied lands of the Wye Valley. From its source on Plynlimon in the Welsh Cambrian mountains, down along the Wales-England border through Hay-on-Why, Hereford and Chepstow to the Severn Estuary. The routes in this guide are circular, and range in length between 5 and 15km. Every route description is accompanied by an antated OS map, and includes details on points of interest along the way to enhance your wandering. The Wye Valley is kwn for its beauty and wide range of scenery; a walkers' paradise at any time of year. From the high moorland near the source, down through gentle green hills, before diving into the woods and limestone gorge near the sea. Practical details such as the amount of ascent and timings information are included for every walk, as are details on public transport and parking facilities. Other useful information on the river's history, geology and wildlife ensure that this is an ideal companion to exploring the impressive range of walking the Wye Valley offers.
- Author BiographyMike Dunn was born and bred in the English Midlands but has lived in Penarth in the Vale of Glamorgan for over 25 years. He has worked for the Welsh Assembly Government, specialising in environmental and conservation issues, and has also written widely on landscape, walking, pubs and real ale. Mike's favourite locations for walking are the Welsh borders, the Hebridean Islands and the Lake District.
- Author(s)Mike Dunn
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication11/02/2015
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Weight210 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.