All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis guidebook describes 33 half- and full day walks on the islands of Malta, Gozo and Comi. Basking in the Mediterranean sunshine between Sicily and Africa, the islands have a colourful and complex history from the Neolithic and the Medieval to the present day. The routes range from 2.5-30km, beginning with a short heritage trail around the city of Valletta. Then follows a series of walks around the coastline of Malta, with a final few moving inland to explore the island's interior, before a description of the Heritage Trail around Mdina and Rabat. Malta may be kwn as a tourist destination but it also offer plenty of historic walks, stunningly beautiful and dramatic architecture and excellent scenery, especially around the cliffs and coastlines. Walks on Gozo start with a heritage trail around Victoria, followed by a clockwise exploration of spectacular coastal walking that allows a complete circuit of the island. The final walk on Gozo wanders over a series of little hills further inland, while the last walk in the book might be the best of them all: a circuit around the lovely little island of Comi. The guidebook also gives details of accommodation, transport and tourist information.
- Author BiographyPaddy Dillon is a prolific outdoor writer with over 70 guidebooks to his name, and contributions to 30 other publications. He has written for a variety of outdoor magazines, as well as many booklets and brochures for tourism organisations. Paddy lives near the Lake District and has walked in every county in England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales; writing about walks in every one of them. He enjoys simple day walks, challenging long-distance walks, and is a dedicated island-hopper. He has led guided walks and walked extensively in Europe, as well as in Nepal, Tibet, Korea, Africa and the Rocky Mountains of Canada and the United States.
- Author(s)Paddy Dillon
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication10/02/2016
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note73 colour photos and 48 maps
- Weight270 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.