All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis guidebook to 45 day walks and treks on Tenerife in the Canary islands explores the coast and mountains of Tenerife with walks ranging between 4 and 32km, with short, easy strolls suitable for walkers of all abilities, to long and challenging routes. Detailed route descriptions are illustrated with the author's own clear contour mapping and colour photographs. This guide is one of a five-part series of guides to the walking on the Canary Islands. Tenerife, as a popular winter sun destination, provides a fascinating and varied landscape for walkers to explore, including the Tenerife section of the long-distance GR131 which links all the Canaries. The guide is split into seven sections - Anaga, Te, Arona/Guia, Valle de la Orotava, Parque Nacional and El Teide - covering all the best walking to be had on the island, including the rugged 'Three Peaks of Tenerife' route, climbing Guajara, Pico Viejo and finally El Teide. Walks also explore the Parque Nacional del Teide, Las Canadas, Corona Forestal, Te and an ascent of El Teide itself, Spain's highest mountain. Alongside the 45 routes in this guide, are essential practical details on travel to and around Tenerife, as well as advice on accommodation and preparation, as well as information on the history, geology and culture of the largest of the Canary Islands.
- Author BiographyPaddy Dillon is a prolific outdoor writer with over 60 guidebooks to his name. He writes for a number of outdoor magazines and other publications, and produces material for tourism groups and other organisations. He lives near the Lake District and has walked in every county in England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales; writing about walks in every one of them. He has led guided walks and walked extensively in Europe, as well as in Nepal, Tibet, Africa and the Rocky Mountains of Canada and the US.
- Author(s)Paddy Dillon
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note115 colour photos and 60 colour maps
- Weight260 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.