All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWalking the Beket is a light-hearted look at life from a dog's point of view, the dog being an Australian Kelpie - Beket - with maybe a touch of dingo, his tail always carried proudly aloft as the Leader of the Pack - or the straightened to a lance equivalent - when facing adversaries. Beket is highly intelligent, highly strung; aquiver with nervous energy and curiosity yet also accompanied with that true Aussie laid-back attitude of she'll be right mate! He is placed in a human family situation - our dog Beket to the Boss and Missus, young daughter Rhiann and two household cats. His domestic life involves the interplay between dogs, humans, and a very sensitive Missus, but his secret and interior life reveals an entirely different aspect of his telepathic interplay betwixt dog and dogs, dogs and elephants and the forth dimension . The story is really a humorous commentary on humanity, politics, religion and international issues - with a good dose of Doggy commonsense. Beket and his adventures, explorations and soliloquies with the Dog Clan reflect our own society's confrontations; i.e. Migrants - wanted or unwanted, Detainees behind wire fences, Animal welfare - help for the underdog, Meditations - Tibetan wise reflections, Emergency Services and Fire Fighters! A Tale for Young and Old or anyone who loves animals.
- Author(s)Esther Kershaw
- PublisherMbs Press
- Date of Publication08/04/2011
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMbs Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Sharon Kershaw
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.