All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Corbetts (Scotland's 2500-2999ft mountains) are every bit as interesting as the Munros (3000ft and over), often clear when the Munros are in cloud, walkable on short winter days, free of the peak-bagging crowds of their taller neighbours. Volume 1 of this two-volume Cicerone guide covers the Corbetts to the south of the Great Glen, which runs from Fort William to Inverness enclosing Loch Ness, probably Scotland's best-kwn loch. Choosing the best, rather than the quickest, routes up each summit the author covers 112 peaks in 95 routes, divided into 11 areas, each of which could be covered in a fortnight's holiday. South of Glasgow and Edinburgh are the moorland hills of the Southern Uplands, where seven peaks rise to Corbett status. In the Southern Highlands plenty of interesting Corbetts provide spectacular views of the Munros with easy access from Edinburgh and Glasgow. The Corbetts of the Eastern Highlands and the Monadhliath Mountains sit in sprawling heather plateaus, ideal for those seeking solitude. The South-West Highlands are kwn for their rocky peaks in places like Glen Coe and the highlights of Volume 1 are probably Arran and Jura, with their similarly rocky and isolated summits.
- Author BiographySince taking early retirement from teaching, Brian Johnson has hiked the Pacific Crest Trail three times, completed a 2700-miles walk round Britain, hiked across the Pyrenees three times and completed a 2200-mile cycle tour of Spain and France. He has achieved a single summer compleation of the Munros and has climbed all of the Corbetts.
- Author(s)Brian Johnson
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication20/07/2012
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note90 contour maps and 135 colour photos
- Weight420 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsVinyl-covered
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
- AU $36.69Trending at AU $37.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.