All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExploring in journal form the seasonal bird fauna, more especially including bird behaviour, in a Cumbrian valley. The author has worked in forestry and was a lecturer in Natural History studies at two UK universities. The text is accompanied by a series of stunning watercolours of birds and their habitats.
- Author BiographyColin Whittle originally studied English Literature. In his youth he developed an interest in the outdoorsand natural history. After some years working in forestry he became a free-lance lecturer in natural historystudies in the West Midlands, as well as throughout Cumbria for the Extra-Mural Studies departments ofboth Liverpool and Newcastle Universities. Later, with his wife Audrey, he opened an art gallery inElterwater, Cumbria, specialising in wildlife, landscapes and flowers. He also writes poetry, short articlesand keeps an almost daily journal exploring wildlife around his home. This journal, maintained for over50 years, forms the basis of 'Walking with Birds'.
- Author(s)Colin Whittle
- PublisherBrambleby Books
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationHarpenden
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBrambleby Books
- Content Note16 watercolour paintings
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.