All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWilliam Wordsworth was an avid walker, composing and seeking inspiration on regular and often lengthy walks around his beloved Lake District. Here are twenty walks connected to his life and work, allowing you to follow in the Lakeland laureate's footsteps by the lakes and tarns, rivers and valleys he celebrated in verse. Fully set out with maps, clear directions, advice on car parking and refreshment suggestions, the walks are also illustrated with over sixty colour photographs. Ranging from two to twelve miles in length, the routes are mostly short and relatively easy. Most are circular, and the few linear walks have details of how to return to the starting point by bus or boat.
- Author BiographyNorman Buckley and his wife June are professional writers, and the authors of numerous guide books and walking books. Norman was awarded an M.A. degree in Lake District Studies at Lancaster University in 2006. They live in Windermere. June Buckley and her husband Norman are professional writers, and the authors of numerous guide books and walking books. They live in Windermere, and are long standing members of the Beatrix Potter society.
- Author(s)June Buckley,Norman Buckley
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication04/03/2010
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content Note60 colour photos and 20 maps
- Weight186 g
- Width112 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.