All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew York in the sixties and seventies was glamorous and gritty at the same time, a place where people like Warhol, Avedon, and Halston as well their muses came to pursue their wildest ambitions, and when the well began to run dry they darted off to Paris. Though born on the very fringes of this world, Patricia Cleveland, through a combination of luck, incandescent beauty, and enviable style, soon found herself in the centre of all that was creative, bohemian, and elegant. A walking girl, a runway fashion model whose inimitable style still turns heads on the runways of New York, Paris, Milan, and Tokyo, Cleveland was in high demand. Ranging from the streets of New York to the jet-set beaches of Mexico, from the designer retailers of Paris to the offices of Diana Vreeland, here is Cleveland's larger-than-life story. One minute she's in a Harlem tenement making her own clothes and dreaming of something bigger, the next she's about to walk Halston's show alongside fellow model Anjelica Huston. One minute she's partying with Mick Jagger and Jack Nicholson, the next she's sharing the dance floor with Warhol. One moment she's idolizing the silver screen sensation Warren Beatty, years later, she's deciding whether to resist his considerable amorous charms. In New York, she struggles to secure her first cover of a major magazine. In Paris, she's the toast of the town. A page-turning memoir of a life well lived, Walking with the Muses is a book you won't soon forget.
- Author BiographyPat Cleveland is an American supermodel who The New York Times society chronicler Bill Cunningham calls The supermodel and Vogue veteran Andre Leon Talley calls the all-time superstar model, and the most extraordinary black model of the century.
- Author(s)Pat Cleveland
- PublisherAtria Books
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtria Books
- Content Note47 b&w chap openers; 2x8-pg 4-c inserts; 4-C endpapers
- Weight548 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.