Wall Street People: v. 2: True Stories of the Great Barons of Finance by Charles D. Ellis, James R. Vertin (Hardback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $106.85+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionRevealing, captivating, and surprising stories of yesterday's legendary financial masterminds From its inception, Wall Street has been home to a variety of fascinating heroes and villains who have left their mark-for better or for worse-in pursuit of their financial endeavors. In Volume Two of Wall Street People, Charles Ellis and James Vertin turn back the clock to reveal the true stories of yesterday's barons of finance. This book profiles some of the most interesting, powerful, and talked-about financial luminaries of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Readers will go behind the public image of financial personalities such as Jesse L. Livermore, Joseph P. Kennedy, Andrew Carnegie, and John D. Rockefeller. Vivid portraits of these and other financial legends offer a rare glimpse into the professional and personal world of yesterday's barons of finance. Charles D. Ellis (Greenwich, CT) served for twenty-eight years as Managing Partner of Greenwich Associates. James R. Vertin (Menlo Park, CA) was the founding manager and CIO of Wells Fargo Investment Advisors. Vertin and Ellis have previously collaborated to produce three other books, including Wall Street People: True Stories of Today's Masters and Moguls (Wiley: 0-471-23809-0).
- Author BiographyCHARLES D. ELLIS served twenty-eight years as managing partner of Greenwich Associates. He has taught courses in investment management at Harvard Business School and the Yale School of Management; served as trustee on the investment committees of Phillips Exeter Academy, Yale University, and the Whitehead Institute; and as chairman of the Association for Investment Management and Research (AIMR). He is a director of The Vanguard Group. JAMES R. VERTIN was the founding manager and chief investment officer of Wells Fargo Investment Advisors, which grew into Barclays Global Investors, one of the world's largest investment firms. He has long served as a leader in the investment profession's organization. Jim and Charley have enjoyed over thirty years of friendship and have produced three prior books together, including the companion volume, Wall Street People: True Stories of Today's Masters and Moguls, also published by Wiley.
- Author(s)Charles D. Ellis,James R. Vertin
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication14/01/2003
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight532 g
- Width165 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.