All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo you consider yourself a long-term investor? If so, chances are you have parked your money with an advisor and pay little attention to its performance and even less to the amount of risk in your portfolio. You may be told by Wall Street to buy stocks or funds and hold them, or to create a diverse portfolio to protect yourself from risk and downturns in the market. Truth be told, new studies show this approach may t be serving the long-term investor well. In his new book, Roger Davis reveals point-blank that Wall Street's just t that into you. Drawing on an investment career spanning more than two decades, Davis delivers a dynamic and deadly accurate analysis of Wall Street's one-size-fits-all approach--and why even wealthy investors should be wary. Davis, who has two decades of experience managing funds, raises valid questions about traditional investment techniques, exposing the inherent dangers of relying on any one technique as a primary risk management tool. As a reader, you will be taught critical, invative strategies like how to stress test your portfolio and lose your losers. Davis reveals that most investors are less concerned about making a sizeable return on their investments than they are about protecting their wealth; yet many investors have the same unprotected exposure to the stock market that they did in 2008. This book offers investors specific steps they can take to reduce investment risk and the right questions to ask of their current advisors to understand whether they should make a change. Refreshingly candid and highly informative, Wall Street's Just Not That Into You offers a bold and thought-provoking alternative to the many books that offer up the same old principles of years gone by.
- Author BiographyRoger C. Davis is a founding partner of Woodridge Capital Portfolio Management, Woodridge Wealth Management and runs the operations of Woodridge Equity Partners, LP. He began his money management career at Dean Witter Reynolds in 1992. After working for JC Bradford & Co. and its successors, Roger was a Senior Vice President at UBS prior to the founding of WCPM. During his time at Wall Street firms he was a fixed income advisor to Deposit Guaranty National Bank and an equity manager for a large educational endowment. Roger received a BBA from the University of Mississippi in 1991. He lives in Los Angeles with his wife and two children.
- Author(s)Roger C. Davis
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication19/11/2015
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationBrookline
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBibliomotion, Incorporated
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight328 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.