All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe County Borough of Wallasey, on the Wirral Penninsula, is famous as a seaside town. From the mid-nineteenth century, James Atherton's 'New Brighton' became a popular leisure resort, with visitors arriving on every ferry. It was adorned by magnificent structures such as the tower and ballroom, pier and promenades. The tower itself, tallest in the country and 100 feet higher than that at Blackpool, once visible all over Merseyside, has w vanished, along with the ballroom and the hoards of visitors who used to flock here. This book provides a valuable record of the physical and social history of the County Borough of Wallasey, documented from a selection of over 200 fascinating old photographs showing the changing face of the borough over the past century and a half.
- Author BiographyIan Collard a well-known local author and has written many books on ocean liners and cargo ships, particularly those sailing out of Liverpool. Acknowledged as one of the local experts, he has even appeared on radio to tell of his times as an author. He lives in the Wirral, within sight and sound of the Mersey.
- Author(s)Ian Collard
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/03/2009
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note200
- Weight200 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.