All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWallsend Through Time is a unique insight into the illustrious history of this part of the country. Reproduced in full colour, this is an exciting examination of Wallsend, the famous streets and the famous faces, and what they meant to the people of Wallsend throughout the 19th and into the 20th Century. Looking beyond the exquisite exterior of these well-kept photos, readers can see the historical context in which they are set and through the author's factual captions for every picture, and carefully selected choice of images, the reader can achieve a reliable view of the town's history. Readers are invited to follow a timeline of events and watch the changing face of the town, as Ken Hutchinson guides us through the local streets. There is something for everyone here, whether they have lived in the area all their lives, or whether they are just visiting this fabulous town. It also shows how photography has continually evolved to keep up with an ever changing society.
- Author BiographyKen Hutchinson has lived and worked at the coast for over twenty years. During his career as a Town Planner he has developed a great interest in local history, historic buildings and especially how an area changes over time. He is a tour guide for Newcastle City Guides, Tyne & Wear Museums, the National Trust and English Heritage. In his leisure time he has become an active member of Wallsend Local History Society.
- Author(s)Ken Hutchinson
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/09/2009
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Width167 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.