Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a superb collection of over 200 photographs selected and informatively captioned by David Vodden. Walsall in Living Memory contains pictures from the author's own and other private sources, many of which have never been published before. Illustrated here are servicemen and civilians, the Anglo-American Friendship Week in February 1945, local industries, Scouting activities, events and familiar landmarks like the power station, the Savoy Cinema and the market. As well as pre-war and wartime images, modern changes are also documented including the rebuilding of Old Square and Digbeth, the development of the Civic Centre, the New Art Gallery, the bus station, Woolworths and the pedestrianisation of Park Street, High Street and Darwall Street. Even the most recent redevelopment of High Street and George Street features here. This is David Vodden's third book on Walsall and it is sure to bring back happy memories to those who kw the town, as well as providing a valuable insght into its part for visitors and new residents alike.
- Author BiographyDavid Vodden has worked with Sutton Publishing on many occasions over the last few years. His eight previous books include West Bromwich Revisited, Our Black Country, Walsall Past & Present and Walsall Revisited. David lives in Walsall.
- Author(s)David Vodden
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication28/11/1996
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSutton Publishing Ltd
- Content Note220 black and white illustrations
- Weight330 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.