All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
About this product
- DescriptionWalter Chappell (1925-2000) is considered one of the foremost figures in twentieth-century American photography. His thinking and vision of the world were closely connected with the intimistic, spiritual explorations undertaken between the 1950s and the 1970s by artists like Mir White and Paul Caponigro. While Chappell photographed various subjects, his inner eye was stimulated in particular by the form of the human body and landscapes as well as the combination of both, through which he endeavoured to perceive the creative flow, the energy that runs through and connects all things. Produced to accompany the first major European retrospective of Walter Chappells work, this catalogue presents over 130 photographs, all originals, as well as the unfinished and previously unpublished album World of Flesh, which the photographer intended as the primary publication on his work.
- Author BiographyFilippo Maggia is currently researcher at the Photography Department of the Royal College of Art. Since 2010, he has taught photographic documentation at the Accademia di Belle Arti di Catania.
- Author(s)Peter C. Bunnell
- Date of Publication11/11/2013
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note110 illustrations
- Weight1610 g
- Width247 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byFilippo Maggia
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.