All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWalter is a worrier. His life is a never-ending series of what ifs. What if bad guys break into his house? What if he needs a shot? What if he is struck by lightning? Walter worries so much he cant just be a kid. His worries profoundly affect his family as well. No matter how hard everyone tries to help him out, the worries interfere with every aspect of his life. Designed for children ages 6-12 to read in partnership with parents, mental health professionals, school counselors and pediatricians, this book introduces a unique new approach to the treatment of anxiety in children. In clear, concise language, and using charts and pictures, we follow Walter as he learns to take charge of his worries and dramatically improve the quality of his life. His family also works hard to provide the support and encouragement he needs. In the end, Walter is able to declare with pride, I am the boss of my worries! They are NOT the boss of me!
- Author BiographyAllyson Aborn, LCSW, is a NY State Licensed Clinical Social Worker. She has maintained a private practice in Westchester Co., NY, for the past twenty-five years. She is a member of the NY State Society for Clinical Social Workers, the National Association of Social Workers, and the Academy of Certified Social Workers. She is a former senior staff clinician at NY Hospital/Cornell Medical Center- Westchester Division, working in both child and adult psychiatry. She has also been a consultant and currently a supervisor to an early childhood program in White Plains, NY. She has written and spoken extensively on topics related to children and families. This is her third book.
- Author(s)Allyson I Aborn Lcsw
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication10/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.