Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis unusual collection of photographs from the area of Walworth and its immediate surrounding area tell further stories on this fascinating part of South London. We take a peek at long lost cinemas, famous theatres, legendary local characters, war time bombing, a large urban park, the biggest nightclub in the world, a modern mosque, fondly remembered pubs and schools, local transport, often frequented shops and the ever rapidly arriving 'new builds'.We travel outside SE17 to take a look at parts of the Old Kent Road, Kennington, the Elephant and Castle and Camberwell - but the heart of the book is still in Walworth. We will introduce you to a mixed bag of world famous names such as Bobby Kennedy, Muhammad Ali, Dexys Midnight Runners, R.Whites lemonade, Buddy Holly and David Beckham. So, plump up a cushion and take a journey to Walworth and beyond!
- Author BiographyDarren Lock is a well known local author who lives in Walworth. Mark Baxter is a well known local author who lives in Walworth.
- Author(s)Darren Lock,Mark Baxter
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication14/06/2012
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note186, 123 colour illustrations
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.