About this product
- DescriptionWith the wind swirling around them, four friends--Nicole, Yasmin, Daniel, and Joginder--belonging to diverse cultures and religious traditions discover ways to work together and solve a problem.
- Author BiographyMubina Hassanali Kirmani completed her doctorate in eduction from Harvard University, Cambridge and is currently a professor in the College of Education at Towson University, Maryland. She has taught in Elementary and Secondary Schools. She has been Chair of College of Education Multicultural Committee and has directed university-wide multicultural conference. She has written extensively in the area of diversity and is invited to present in conferences in the United States and internationally on the topic of teaching and learning in diverse classrooms. B. P. Laster attempts to touch students and teachers as a Professor, Co-Director of the graduate programs in Reading Education at Towson University, and her work in K-12 settings. She teaches courses on current topics in literacy, literacy interventions for special populations, new literacies, and diversity. Her publications include work on aspects of comprehension, teacher development, digital literacy, family literacy in reading clinics, service learning, and religious diversity in public school settings. She has published multiple book chapters and peer-reviewed journal articles in such venues as Literacy Research Association Yearbook, The Reading Teacher, Journal of Language and Literacy Education, Literacy Research and Instruction, Journal of Curriculum and Instruction, Language Arts, and English Education. Among other service, she has served on the International Reading Association's 2010 Standards for Reading Professionals Committee, the National Joint Committee on Learning Disabilities, and the IRA Commission on Response to Intervention (RTI).
- Author(s)Bracha Laster,Mubina Hassanali Kirmani
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.