All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Robert H. N. Ho Family Foundation Chinese Art Initiative at the Guggenheim Museum, launched in early 2013, strives to advance the achievements of contemporary Chinese artists by commissioning major pieces that will be exhibited in the museum and enter its permanent collection. Selected for the first commission, Beijing-based artist Wang Jianwei is recognized throughout Asia and Europe for his bold experiments in new media, video, performance, conceptual and installation art. His highly invative works consider space and time in elaborate ways, working from the tion that the production of artwork can be a continuous rehearsal. The exhibition comprises a multifaceted space that includes painting, installation, sculpture, film, and a theatrical production. The accompanying catalogue includes three texts in English and Chinese: a curatorial essay on Wangs artistic practice; a look at the artists recent work by Gao Shiming; and a text by the artist on contemporary Chinese art. In addition, this volume includes a chrology of the artists oeuvre to date.
- Author(s)Gao Shiming,Jianwei Wang,Richard Armstrong,Thomas J. Berghuis
- PublisherGuggenheim Museum Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication03/11/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuggenheim Museum Publications,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight570 g
- Width190 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.