All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis vibrant, engaging assortment offers children an entertaining introduction to the French language. From stories of friendship, family, discovery, and self-esteem to silly, snappy songs of one-of-a-kind barnyard animals, lullabies, and segments of classical music, children tune in to a variety of musical styles and multi-cultural experiences. The accompanying CDs provide children an opportunity to hear the pronunciation of the words and sing along as they learn the language. Learning the alphabet is bound to be fun with these 24 simply worded songs that take children on a wild musical odyssey through the letters A to Z. Zany, hilarious characters--from a friendly ghost who delivers fruit-filled flans on a bicycle and a twisted turtle who feels a tad bare under her shell to Jon le pigeon (John the Pigeon), a four-legged bird who loves to tap to the beat--come to life through expressive watercolor illustrations that highlight each catchy lyric. The accompanying CD features a fusion of rock, pop, world, and folk music performed exquisitely by seasoned singers and talented musicians who incorporate a wide array of instruments, among them the xylophone, the glockenspiel, and the pedal steel guitar, into the tunes. Children are sure to clap their hands and join in on the theme song, Sing It Again, at the end.
- Author BiographyChristiane Duchesne is the author of more than 60 children's books, including Kiss for Peter and The Loonies Arrive. She is a two-time winner of the Canadian Governor General's Literary Award and was a finalist for the Christian Andersen Award of the International Board on Books for Young People. Paul Kunigis is a composer, a musician, and a record producer. He is the founder of the Juno Award-winning world music group Jeszcze Raz. Genevieve Cote is an illustrator and a past winner of the Canadian Governor General's Literary Award. She has illustrated numerous children's books including Little Monday, Noni Says No, and The Lady of Shalott. They all live in Montreal, Quebec.
- Author(s)Christiane Duchesne
- PublisherSecret Mountain
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSecret Mountain
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width209 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Genevieve Cote,Louise Cote
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,Picture book
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.