Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe year 2010 sees the official celebration of the bicentenary of the revolutions in the Ro de la Plata. This book contains the narrative that Thomas Kinder wrote of his voyage to that region in 1808-10 and of his stay in Madeira, Montevideo and Bues Aires which has never been published r, apparently, used by any historian. Thomas Kinder was an English banker who later featured among those who financed the new republic of Peru. His voyage to the Ro de la Plata followed the illfated British attempts to capture Bues Aires in 1806-7. He obtained first hand information about the campaigns of Beresford and Whitelocke and became familiar with all the leading figures of the revolutionary period.
- Author BiographyMalyn Newitt, Emeritus Professor of History in the Department of Portuguese and Brazilian Studies at King s College London, has published a collection of essays on the career of Lord Beresford entitled Lord Beresford and British Intervention in Portugal.
- Author(s)Thomas Kinder
- PublisherSignal Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleLost & Found: Classic Travel Writing S.
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSignal Books Ltd
- Content Noteill
- Width133 mm
- Height215 mm
- Edited byProfessor Malyn Newitt
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.