All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionJust war, pacifism, weapons of mass destruction, war on terror, preemptive war. These phrases highlight recent world events that have brought questions about the morality of war into sharp relief. Instead of advocating a particular approach to war, War and Christian Ethics offers a variety of Christian perspectives, enabling readers to make up their own minds about what they believe. This collection of primary source materials contains texts from many influential classic and contemporary writers that are crucial to the development of Christian thought on war. From Plato to Augustine, Thomas Aquinas to Martin Luther, Reinhold Niebuhr to Paul Ramsey, the book covers a broad range of writers. The second edition includes new selections from Rowan Williams, George Weigel, and Duane Friesen.
- Author BiographyArthur F. Holmes (Ph.D., Northwestern University) taught philosophy at Wheaton College for over forty years. He is the author and editor of many books, including Contours of a World View, Ethics: Approaching Moral Decisions, and The Making of a Christian Mind.
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Weight585 g
- Width151 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byArthur F. Holmes
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.