War and Decision: Inside the Pentagon at the Dawn of the War on Terrorism by Douglas Feith (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.01Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $9.99+ AU $19.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFeith details how the Administration launched a global effort to attack and disrupt terrorist networks; how it decided to overthrow the Saddam Hussein regime by force; how it came to impose an occupation on Iraq even though it had avoided one in Afghanistan; how some officials postponed or impeded important early steps that could have averted major problems in Iraq's post-Saddam period; and how the Administration's errors in war-related communications undermined the nation's credibility and put U.S. war efforts at risk.Even close followers of reporting on the Iraq war will be surprised at the new information Feith provides - presented here with balance and rigorous attention to detail. His book includes the first accurate account of Iraq postwar planning - a topic widely misreported to date. And it presents surprising new portraits of Rumsfeld, Rice, Powell, Richard Armitage, L. Paul Bremer, and others - revealing how differences among them shaped U.S. policy. With its blend of vivid narrative, frank analysis, and elegant writing, War and Decision is like other book on the Iraq war. It will interest those who have been troubled by conflicting accounts of the planning of the war, frustrated by the lack of firsthand insight into the decision-making process, or skeptical of conventional wisdom about Operation Iraqi Freedom and the global war on terrorism - efforts the author continues to support.
- Author BiographyDouglas J. Feith was appointed as the United States Under Secretary of Defense for Policy in 2001 and served in that capacity until the summer of 2005. Before that he had served as a Middle East specialist and as Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Negotiations in the Reagan Administration. His articles have been published in the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Wall Street Journal, and elsewhere. Currently a Professor and Distinguished Practitioner in National Security Policy at Georgetown University.
- Author(s)Douglas Feith
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication15/02/2009
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date16/04/2010
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight703 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.