All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe War of the Gods of Addiction, based on the correspondence between Bill W., one of the founders Alcoholics Anymous, and C.G. Jung, proposes an original, groundbreaking, psycho-dynamic view of addiction which explains both the creation and successful treatment of alcoholism and other addictions. Using insights from Jungian psychology, it demonstrates why the 12 steps of AA really work. It emphasizes the crucial process of neutralizing the Archetypal Shadow / Archetypal Evil, an aspect of all true addictions, and explores this concept extensively through theoretical and clinical material, modern and ancient myths, and fairy tales. The significance of using dreams for diagsis, progsis, and treatment of addiction is also explained. This book bridges the longstanding gap between the mental health community and 12-step recovering communities and translates concepts necessary to understanding the addictive process in ways that encourage mutual understanding and benefit.
- Author BiographyDavid Schoen, LCSW, MSSW, is a Jungian analyst who practices near New Orleans, Louisiana. He lectures and teaches nationally, is an internationally published author on the psychic significance of the hurricane, and a Louisiana poet.
- Author(s)David Schoen
- PublisherSpring Journal
- Date of Publication09/06/2009
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWoodstock, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpring Journal
- Out-of-print date19/05/2011
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight242 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.