All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title is published on the 6th anniversary of the invasion of Afghanistan, the beginning of the 'War on Terror', John Berger, Naomi Klein, Arundhati Roy, Joe Sacco and others examine the consequences. On October 7th 2001, US-led forces invaded Afghanistan, marking the start of George Bush and Tony Blair's War on Terror . Six years on, where have the policies of Bush and Blair left us? Bringing together some of the finest contemporary writers, this wide-ranging anthology, from reportage and faction to fiction, explores the impact of this long war throughout the world, from Palestine to Iraq, Abu Ghraib, the curtailment of civil liberties and manipulation of public opinion. Published in conjunction with Stop the War Coalition and United for Peace and Justice , it provides an urgent, necessary reflection on the causes and consequences of the ideological War on Terror.
- Author BiographyJohn Berger's books include Ways of Seeing, Here Is Where We Meet and, most recently, Hold Everything Dear. Naomi Klein is the bestselling author of No Logo. Hanif Kureshi is the author of Buddha of Suburbia and Intimacy and wrote the screenplay for the Oscar-nominated film Venus. China Mieville is the best selling science fiction writer whose books include Perdido Street Station. Arundhati Roy is the author of many books including the Booker prize-winner The God of Small Things. Ahdaf Soueif is the author of the Booker-shortlisted The Map of Love. Joe Sacco is a graphic novelist whose works include Palestine, Safe Area Gorazde, and But I Like It. Haifa Zangana is an Iraqi-born novelist and artist; her Interrupted Struggle: A Short History of Women in Iraq is forthcoming in Fall 2007.
- Author(s)Ahdaf Soueif,Arundhati Roy,China Mieville,Haifa Zangana,Hanif Kureishi,Joe Sacco,John Berger,Naomi Klein
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication25/09/2007
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width127 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.